Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Starting To Get Ready

I'm starting to get organized for a show coming up this summer, which means framing some of the smaller works, which means cutting mattes. And all was going well until it wasn't, which meant the white matte had red splotches. Quite a few red splotches and I was hopping about yelling SH*T, SH*T, SH*T. Man X-acto knives are sharp. So it will be a few days before I cut any more mattes; meanwhile I got the photo I needed of the 4 scroll books hanging and finally found the black book boards for the Song to Spring book, and the peepers are singing.


the 4 scroll books hanging free, 2014


8 comments:

  1. Oh no! So sorry to hear the X-acto knife didn't play well with your fingers. Still...I found myself laughing at your expletive and wondering if you yelled "merde!" at all? All those years of French in high school and college and that's what I remember. Merde! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It often makes me laugh what we remember Jennifer,here in Quebec most of the swearing [in French] has to do with the church and communion, but I stay with the tried and true, although a friend gave me some Dutch swear words the other day that I will try to remember for the next time.

      Delete
  2. I still have the scar on my finger where I cut myself with an X-acto knife of my brother's, over 60 years ago! Congrats on your show coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie, I have a few of those scars too, they are so fast; that one moment of inattention. All is healing well and back to matte cutting.

      Delete
  3. They're called Stanley knives over here in the UK - and just as sharp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were called Stanley knives here too Charlton, seems to have changed over the years, like Zerox for photocopying.

      Delete
  4. Well the result of the 4 scrolls is marvellous ..... simple images beautiful presented and looking amazing together. Over here, or should I say down under, we also say Stanley knives! Must be the english in us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, I'm pleased, just about to start binding the big one. I loved seeing the photos of the collaboration between you and Fiona, beautiful work together and separately, big congrats!

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.