Monday, April 7, 2014

Scroll Books 2, 3 and 4

Finished the other 3 scroll books and was on a roll so decided to glue the covers for another book I am  working on called Songs for Spring. It's big and the paper I was covering the book boards with has puckered and warped the boards [my gluing technique might have something to do with it], but what I really want are black book boards like I have used for these little ones. I've been checking on line without success, and I need large sheets, 13 x 19 inches, so if any one knows where to purchase large solid black book boards please let me know.

scroll book 2, 3, 4, opening, 8.5 in x 10 in, 2014

scroll book 2, 3, 4, middle, 8.5 in x 10 in, 2014


scroll book 2, 3, 4, ending, 8.5 in x 10 in, 2014


all the scroll books, 1,2,3,4,  8.5 in x 10 in, 2014

all the scroll books, 1,2,3,4, detail,  8.5 in x 10 in, 2014

8 comments:

  1. I love facebook precisely because it helped me find you and your work. stimulating and intelligent, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pleasure to meet you too Maureen, and thank you!

      Delete
  2. Great books! How wonderful they are displayed together like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie, I want to get some photos of the 4 together but will need to clean the studio first, so that may wait.

      Delete
  3. I love the details of these little books, all lined up with their dramatically contrasting colours and the hints at delicious brush stroke marks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlton, must say I love making these kinds of books, sort of reducing bookbinding to it's essentials.

      Delete
  4. What's not to love about books, torn edges of paper, hints of mark-making and the odd spot of colour? Delightful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.