Monday, April 7, 2014

Scroll Books 2, 3 and 4

Finished the other 3 scroll books and was on a roll so decided to glue the covers for another book I am  working on called Songs for Spring. It's big and the paper I was covering the book boards with has puckered and warped the boards [my gluing technique might have something to do with it], but what I really want are black book boards like I have used for these little ones. I've been checking on line without success, and I need large sheets, 13 x 19 inches, so if any one knows where to purchase large solid black book boards please let me know.

scroll book 2, 3, 4, opening, 8.5 in x 10 in, 2014

scroll book 2, 3, 4, middle, 8.5 in x 10 in, 2014


scroll book 2, 3, 4, ending, 8.5 in x 10 in, 2014


all the scroll books, 1,2,3,4,  8.5 in x 10 in, 2014

all the scroll books, 1,2,3,4, detail,  8.5 in x 10 in, 2014

8 comments:

  1. I love facebook precisely because it helped me find you and your work. stimulating and intelligent, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books! How wonderful they are displayed together like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie, I want to get some photos of the 4 together but will need to clean the studio first, so that may wait.

      Delete
  3. I love the details of these little books, all lined up with their dramatically contrasting colours and the hints at delicious brush stroke marks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlton, must say I love making these kinds of books, sort of reducing bookbinding to it's essentials.

      Delete
  4. What's not to love about books, torn edges of paper, hints of mark-making and the odd spot of colour? Delightful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.