Sunday, April 13, 2014

Outside / Inside

Out side all is melting: water is running high in the streams, stone walls are exposing more of themselves every hour, where the snow has melted the grass lies matted and best of all is the smell again, damp earth, a soft scent. Watching out the studio window as the snow creeps back towards the woods, I realized I wasn't paying attention and had dripped water over some of this practice paper [last post]. As I pulled it off the table the light shone though the water marks, what beautiful shapes.




8 comments:

  1. So COOL!
    I love circles...and use them in my work a lot!
    Have a restful Sunday = )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, and Sunday was great, actually got some time in the garden starting to do some clean up. Yea!

      Delete
  2. gorgeous soft images in their own right .... serendipity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, a happy accident, the shapes are so perfect.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. How accidents are more then just happy, they are enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one enchanted me Liz, the forms were so beautiful and translucent, I've realized just how hard it is to draw such harmonious forms.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.