Friday, April 11, 2014

Practice Paper

Last week when we were in Montreal I picked up a roll of practice paper; I must say the name enchanted me. All I could think of was practicing scales and I realized, again, how much better a pianist I might have been if I had just practiced my scales; now I am drawing scales.  There is something so satisfying and pleasurable about making these marks, lines on paper, repeating motions, repeat again with slightly different pressure or motion. All the things my piano teacher tried to teach me about playing scales is so evident in this process. Wish I could have understood it then.

scales #1, 11.5 x 15. 25 in, ink on paper, 2014

scales #3, 11.5 x 15. 25 in, ink on paper, 2014

scales #5, 11.5 x 15. 25 in, ink on paper, 2014

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks maureen, well they say practice makes perfect, wonder if play makes……...

      Delete
  2. http://www.schoyencollection.com/music.html (3 pages)

    I thought you might like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maya, thanks so much, this is a great link! So much to learn.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.