Monday, May 16, 2011

Sorbus Aria Lutescens

Impressive title for a wondrously beautiful tree. Well it's still a small tree at the moment and it will never become huge but she's growing well. Her claim to fame, for me, are her softy and velvety leaves, which open tightly corrugated, a silver gray with undertones of green. This is beginning to sound like a description of wine. You know; where they say 'This is a rich, complex wine with overtones of chocolate". Any ways I this love tree and I love watching her leaves unfurl. Even in the rain.
Sorbus Aria Lutescens 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice - a picture with words: "her softy and velvety leaves, which open tightly corrugated, a silver gray with undertones of green." This word picture along with the photo make this tree huge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matthew, thanks so much; she is a beauty and I am hoping she won't grow to big physically ,[I planted her in a small spot] just in beauty.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.