Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Path

I've been putting this job off for 5 years but finally got to it yesterday. Redo the path from the driveway to the front door. Over the years the bricks have heaved and slid slowly out of position; but the most pressing thing to me was the curve was wrong. I would look at that curve day after day redrawing it my mind. So I got the hose out, a great drawing tool, and redid the curve, removed the sod, and stacked the bricks in rather large piles. I am still not sure about the curve, it's better, but I will get the hose out again and see. Today I hope to get the path levelled and packed down, fill in the sod that you can see lining the edge and then the fun part starts.
Renovating the path
Stacks of bricks
 
Louis Kahn said bricks always want to be an arch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.