Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The World of Wonders

This short video, Murmuration, by Sophie Windsor Clive, has been making the rounds on Facebook and I thought I would post it here for any of you who have missed it. It really is a beauty and I have a couple of links for any of you who want to know more about Murmuration.


Murmuration from Sophie Windsor Clive on Vimeo.

And here are the links to a fascinating piece in the Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/aug/21/starlings-flock-together-study?INTCMP=SRCH

and another in Wired [again thanks to Leigh for this link]
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/06/starling-physics/

And because I have decided today is fun day, a treat for all the font, lettering, kerning ect. types out there. Another way to productively procrastinate. It's a game to help you learn to kern type. OK, so I know it's not for everybody, but I LOVE it. Thank-you Suzanne for this.
Kern Type, the kerning game

3 comments:

  1. lovely, funny, grin-inducing
    thanks
    stuart

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter how many times you see the starlings in flight, it is always amazing and beautiful. One of the joys of autumn. Thankyou. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your grin inducing comment Stuart, Thanks.

    Thanks Ann, I agree and especially joyous at this time of year when our days are short the the world seems messier that usual.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.