Saturday, November 19, 2011

Tilting and Twirling

Every night, the dog takes us for a walk. And while Zoe is busy hunting, J. and I are star watching. On those clear nights we watch in awe, the milky way spread above us. Sometimes we are ever so lucky and one of us will see a shooting star. It's the immensity that is so wondrous. That, and the fact that the light from the stars has taken billions years to reach earth. And here we are, 2 tiny specks with an even tinier speck [the dog] along with 7 billion other tiny specks, walking on this round blue ball, twirling through space with the rest of the stars and planets. Amazing.

2 comments:

  1. I can "feel" these moments as if I were there...
    My exact same thoughts on summer nights gazing at the stars...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you feel the same way Anna, I love these moments when my ego gets lost.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.