Saturday, June 11, 2011

Transcendtia

The hard drives of images, which I so carefully organized last year, have become really messy. As I take shot after shot of the garden I just keep dumping them into one file and now there are close to 1000 images in the  file. What great about having them all together is seeing patterns, and preoccupations. I am fascinated by the shapes of all this growth in the garden, the underlying patterns of the plants, the shapes of their leaves, seeds and petals. A friend is coming down this weekend and I will be able to ask him about a micro or maybe that is a macro lens for the camera. I can't get as close as I want, as you can see below. It's the fuzzy bits of pistols and stamens that I want to capture. The name of this little gem is Trancendtia, commonly known as Spider Wort.
Transdentia

5 comments:

  1. "I am fascinated by the shapes of all this growth in the garden, the underlying patterns of the plants, the shapes of their leaves, seeds and petals." Yes, it is very fascinating when you really take a look at it and then see it. The balance in nature is awesome - just like this pic shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! My spider wort doesn't look nearly as fascinating as yours. Wonderful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Matthew, thanks so much and you're so right about the fascination, I think it might becoming an obsession! Am thinking of the Cannon lens EF-100mm f.28/ marco isUSM, do you know it? any suggestions?

    Hi jJennifer, thank-you, usually my spider wort is sprawling on the ground but this one gets propped up between some hostas. Another plant that wants to take over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Canon lens EF-100mm f.28/ marco is a lens that should fit your needs I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Matthew, that's the one I have in mind so it's great to have it confirmed.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.