Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What a Difference

Spring is rushing in and winter is in full retreat. The difference in the landscape in the past 2 day is amazing. The table outside the studio is emerging and have the moles/voles ever been busy. The lawn that is exposed has tunnels and mounds of earth everywhere. Looks like a Brice Marden painting from that wonderful  Attendant series. The moles and I have a love/hate relationship. I try to convince myself that they are aerating the soil but when I step into their holes in the garden the air turns blue. They love to tunnel along the edges of the stone walls.  I march after them stomping the earth back. We have been lucky with the snow melt, the rivers and streams are high, but no flooding. Only in the spring and sometimes after very heavy rain do we see water rushing through the garden gate to the pond.

Water rushing to the pond

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.