Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I've Been Logging

Well that is a bit of an exaggeration, more like I was hauling brush, a lot of brush. In our ongoing drama with poplars we decided to have 15 cut down. They seem to have a natural affiliation for the pond so that every time we have a big wind storm more of them dive into the pond and let me tell you it's expensive getting them winched out. Friday the man came with 2 chain saws and by the end of the day the area near the pond looked like a war zone, so guess what we have spent the last few days doing. Rain is forecast and my body is grateful. Must say it has been a real pleasure to work in the woods again, the lichen are wearing their finest spring colors, the frogs are singing, and a couple more days should see that job finished.

view towards the logging,

View looking back at the house and studios, still lots to clean up

My impressive pile of brush

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.