Friday, February 17, 2012

Wrapping Spring

J. came home with some daffodils the other day. I love the way that man grocery shops. We had been talking about memory; about how winter is a time barren of scent and how scent memory is so powerful, transporting one to another time and place. And while there are signs of spring with our longer days, I miss the smell of earth, of green, of growing. I long for bright, humid air full of golden sun and tiny green shoots glowing in the dirt. For now I console myself with the smell of daffs and the lovely, bright paper they were wrapped in.

Wrapping spring

2 comments:

  1. Daffodils bring great memories of my childhood to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matthew, sounds like you are having more snow than we are this year. A friend wrote that her [England] daffodils are up, we are still snow and ice covered so it will be quite a while still.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.