Saturday, June 9, 2012

Peony Time

I love anticipation, I love promise; perhaps this is the major factor in my love of spring. Well these are definitely going to be peonies, lovely voluptuous peonies. Most of my peonies are over 40 years old. They were well established when we bought the house; the only problem was I didn't realize that the rather large clumps in the middle of the grass were peonies and chopped them down with the lawn mover. Good thing there were more in a bed, and those have been divided several times over the years and are my favourites. They look and smell divine. Tomorrow...

Anticipation, as you can see there was a lot of rain last night



5 comments:

  1. So funny that you mowed over them! Good thing there were more...that you couldn't mow. Sorry. Got a good giggle out of the vision. Can't wait to see photos of the opened peonies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel I can touch them!
    Thank you for these incredible images: a gift of spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally and utterly jealous. The peony is my favourite rose, in fact my favourite flower and we can't grow them here where I live. Envy, envy, envy! I continue to enjoy your gorgeous blog Liz. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Eve, if you want some, let me know and we can transplant in the fall.

    Jennifer, what's even worse is that I kept moving over them, for a whole summer....duh

    Thanks so much Anna, do you have peonies in Texas?

    Thanks so much Susan, they are wondrous, I am sure you are growing things I would love to be able to grow easily, like roses, my winters tend to kill them or keep them small, very small.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.