Friday, February 4, 2011

My Richard Serra Path

The great blizzard wasn't. Well we got snow but nothing really to brag about. I was hoping for more but you have to be quiet about these kind of wishes because a lot of friends have had it with winter. I wanted more so that the front path could become my "Richard Serra" sculpture. If I shovel carefully, and we get enough snow, the curving path becomes similar to his work. [The path is top right.]  The walls of snow of the path are as tall as me, so that walking it you are totally immersed in another world, and the shape, form and shadows are glorious. I need another foot of snow, meanwhile enjoy Serra's work.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Liz,
    it must have been very stressful this piling up mountains of snow.
    But it looks wonderful. I love the work of Serra.
    I enjoy your posts.
    greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ralf, Great to meet you and glad that you are enjoying the blog. Living in Quebec means we are pretty used to snow, so shoveling is just part of winter, even enjoyable if it's not to heavy or to cold. Now driving is another issue altogether. I am a wimp about snowy roads.

    Just realized that I visit your blog often to see what you are up to. I really enjoy your work, thanks, and all the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post once again
    The intense color and flow of Richards work very impressive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi David, glad your a fan of Serra's too, we were lucky to be in New York a few years ago for his show at MOMA, absolutely wonderful and the patina of the steel was breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.