Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Tough Year

Every year the weather is perfect for certain plants and not so kind for others. This year it seems one of the younger trees, my Sorbus Aria Lutescens, is having a tough time. Really hot weather in March meant she started to bud out, but of course this was followed by nasty cold, snow and wind. She is taking her time recovering. I have written about her before [Link here] and her wondrous silvery leaves but when I was out photographing the leaves yesterday [I would hate to know how many photos of her leaves I already have] it struck me again how similar the leaf shape and structure is to the trees shape and structure. Mind you, she is looking a little bit like a new baby with sprouts of buds here and there.

Sorbus, structure, leaf


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.