Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Treasures

One of the great pleasures of being away is having the time to find treasures, especially book treasures. I was delighted to find one on my list that a friend had recommended The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating, definitely not an adventure story, but beautifully written and very moving. It's a small book that I am eking it out, only allowing myself a chapter a day. The other 2 gems are tiny facsimiles of pages from  the Mira Calligraphiae Momumenta. Am amazing combination of calligraphy and botanical drawings. I have been wanting to make a book combining the images from Sophia's Garden with text somehow, so this is pure inspiration.
 Mira Calligraphiae Momumenta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.