Monday, October 24, 2011

Drama Queens

Thinking about Jonathan Singer and his  Botanical Magnifica, and doing  bit of research about the series I found two wonderful tidbits of information. First, to get his gorgeous backgrounds, he drapes a piece of black fabric around the plant, then takes his photo. And I wondered if playing about in Photoshop, I could get the same sort of effect. Haven't quite figured this whole thing out yet but some of the results are surprising. The black background certainly is dramatic and makes me pay more attention to the shapes and forms. The other wonderful thing I discovered is that it was printed by Cone Studios, perhaps the most innovative digital print studio and situated not far from me in the tiny town of  East Topsham, Vermont.  I feel a pilgrimage coming up.
White echenesia
Stamens , Clematis

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.