Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Silence

It's something I look forward to every winter, the silence that falls with the snow. As the garden is covered with the first white blanket and all is reduced to black and white, so does the world of sound fade away. It's immense and heavy this silence as it presses upon my body.


Walking back through the garden on the way to the pond, 2016

Approaching the pond, still not frozen, 2016

Snowing, 2016

Across the pond, the gate to the woods, 2016

The pond beginning to freeze over, 2016

4 comments:

  1. Outside my studio it is 30C today and sunny and HOT. Your photos are just so beautiful and cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was outside yesterday Jack thinking about exactly that...that just a couple of months ago that was our temperature and now it's yours....enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks mary, it is beautiful, not too sure I'm ready for winter tho!

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.