Saturday, April 27, 2013

Folding Paper

For the past year the main preoccupation in the studio has been black and white and shades of gray. I felt there was something missing in my vocabulary about how I used color, and if I worked just in tones and shades of gray, that something would become apparent. I knew color in a certain way and while I can't articulate what I was missing, I knew something was.  While working with charcoal I started to fold the paper, then I realized I didn't need the charcoal, and then I realized I was back to making marquettes, a sculptors preliminary model or sketch. Hmmm, don't think I'm going in that direction again but just in case I took photos and started to play with them on the computer. Which lead me back to color.

Folded paper

White chalk, 


Popsicles

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.