Tuesday, December 18, 2012

It's That Time Of The Year

I love black and white and I love pattern, so years ago when we rebuilt the studios and then had to rebuild the kitchen, we chose black and white tile. All I could dream of was living in a Dutch painting. The first "real" paintings I ever saw, at the AGO as a teen, were the Dutch masters who made an incredible impression upon me. It's such a strong graphic this floor and while I love it I am not to fond of the maintenance. And every year, before Christmas it's my ritual to take of the old wax and reseal the floor. Not the most spiritually up lifting job; I'd rather be in the studio. But I love the result.

Love the strong graphic of the floor
Clean and shinny and ready for Christmas


6 comments:

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.