Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Going Back And Forth

Not having a big roll of paper in the studio and wanting to see how this idea would work, I attached 15 sheets of paper to the wall and using the templates for the coffee shirts I had made [link here and here] I began to trace and play. Using pencil was fine except I couldn't see it from any distance so I switched to charcoal. Handy having the upstairs studio that overlooks this wall as I could judge what needed to be added. Using the sheets of paper may turn out to be a plus, another grid coming up. Skirt Lines. We'll see how the drips work out.

Starting

1st layers of charcoal


5 comments:

  1. always amazing how scale can change things! looking good Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it exhilarating, working on a large scale, a freedom from minutiae.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful exploration - I am waiting to see what happens next! I like the drips as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jennifer, Rosie, Wendy and Fiona, encouragement is most needed at the moment. I am feeling daunted but will persevere....and Wendy you are so right , haven't worked this large in years and it is exhilarating, scary but exhilarating.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.