Monday, August 8, 2011

Butterfly Time

Spent yesterday in the garden; weeding, cutting back and watching the butterflies flutter about. The echinacea is a big favourite and I was fascinated to see the brownish butterfly on the lower right had lost part of his wing which didn't seem to slow him down at all. The deer have been busy eating the hostas, John saw bear scat at the compost pile [that's a little close thank you very much] and I saw a lynx yesterday morning crossing the road in front of the house. Still can't quite believe I saw it. What a beautiful animal, but what is it doing in the village?
Butterflies in the echinacea

2 comments:

  1. First of all I loved the images, and then I was intrigued by the writings - a bear, deer and a lynx! What a special moment it must have been to have observed the lynx - I can imagine you still shaking your head wondering if you dreamed it. Those moments are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fiona. And I do still wonder if I saw a lynx, At first I thought our neighbours had gotten a new cat, a very large new cat. But then realized the cat was 1/2 the size of our dog. Did my eyes play tricks? My mind kept saying 'Not possible, not here in the valley" Maybe it was a dream, please can I have more.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.