Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Abundance, The July Garden

When there are days, as my Mother used to say, "the world is going to hell in a hand basket", I take refuge in the garden. And this year despite the dry and then torrential rains with hail, she has rewarded me abundantly. These photos are the studio garden, a sloped area facing north.


Looking east from the upper level outside my studio. 2016

Looking west from the upper level outside J's studio, 2016

Walking down the upper slope from outside J's studio, 2016

The path to the studios, we can drive the car into this area to load work, 2016

July abundance, outside J's studio door, 2016

And looking out my studio door, 2016


14 comments:

  1. What G L O R Y !!! Gardens have such power, extra kinds of rays emanate. Here, in North Carolina muggy 97degree heat, this morning's fortunate wind makes my one red rose dance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, we've been hot and muggy to ,where I take to the sofa as I haven't gotten the hammock up this year. Those days the garden looks as wilted as I feel!

      Delete
  2. Looks truly fanatastic Liz, what a marvellous retreat !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Patrick, it is a much needed retreat these days. Maybe a bit too big but there can be more wild parts.

      Delete
    2. Oh I love your garden do you do it all yourself? It's full to the brim. I am just learning with my garden had a few disasters this year putting plants in the wrong place. I would live a studio in the garden but resources are scarce so my upstairs room will suffice. I also like wild parts to the garden. Keep posting photos Im inspired. I'll have to look more closely on my laptop as I'm on my phone and can't decipher the plants /flowers.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Lynda, we do it all, J. does the grass and whipper snipping and I do the beds and edging. Don't worry about moving stuff I do it all the time and mostly it works out....

      Delete
  3. So, so beautiful! Hard work too, I'm sure, but worth every moment you've spent caring for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat, it sure is hard work but I just love it. Hope things are well with you!

      Delete
  4. Your gardens are truly amazing!!! Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda, gardening brings me immense joy and a tired body. Hope things are well with you!

      Delete
  5. I finally found time to look- it's heavenly Liz! Just my kind of garden, too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.