Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I love Type

It's true, I love type. I love the shape of the letters, I love the space around them, the only problem with this relationship is I can't spell, but who cares every relationship has its bumps. Over the years I have made "artists books" and have plans for more. "Homage for Betty" (need a new title so any suggestions are welcome) is at the mock-up stage, while "Why I Paint" is still only at the computer stage. With this book I am hoping to learn letterpress so am eagerly scouting out people, studios and workshops to take some courses. Meanwhile I have been playing with type again, this time using the whole alphabet except for Z, there was no more room. The typeface is Americana and all the letters are lowercase.
a, b, c, .....well you get the picture

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.