Thursday, March 9, 2017

Lurching Towards Spring

I have spent the winter hunkered down in the studio drawing, building pop up books and playing; trying like most to keep some sense of balance in this bleak world time. Yesterday though was one of those days when you could smell spring and I can't wait.

There are a few shows coming up that i am pleased to be part of. First, the upcoming Biennale du dessin at the Musée des beaux-arts de Mont Sainte Hilaire, with 4 charcoal drawings. It runs from the 19th of march to the 30 of April. Here is the link to their website: http://www.mbamsh.qc.ca



Next is The Drawing Collective exhibition opens at Galerie Olivier Nouvellet in Paris, where I will have some drawings. There is a wonderful ctalogue for the show and the link is here https://issuu.com/edelab/docs/drawingcollective2


And there will be a The Drawing Collective exhibition in Sydney, Australia, April 14 to May 1, at Articulate Project Space,link here http://articulate497.blogspot.ca. I'll post more information about that as soon I have it.

Meanwhile I found my big brush and will continue my Spring Fever dance in the studio.

Big brush #4, ink on paper, 22 x 30 in. 2017

I can't figure out why the font is so F$#*ed up in blogger today, my apologies......



2 comments:

  1. There you have it. 7 years of your blog, consumed in a few weeks? I've tiptoed as quietly as possible. I've read it in the morning and late at night in bed. It's interesting to follow the travels of life of a stranger. I'm pretty sure that we will never meet, but if we do, I'm confident that I would feel quite comfortable with you. Themes..Zoe, walks, your husband, patterns, garden, snow, snow, snow, pond, peonies, close ups, grids, she, books, making books, light, shadows, computers, a willingness to hear from your readers, short summers and long winters. Loads of fun...! I'll move along now, but stop in from time to time...Thanks for allowing us in to learn from you...Best, Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, thanks you so much for coming on this journey with me. I haven't re-read this blog, so maybe I should, especially as it now feels like it's coming to it's end. Last year I noticed a longing in me to just be rather that always doing, a longing for way more quiet time. We'll see how that plays out. Meanwhile, thanks for your company and wishing you all the best...'till our next visit.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.