Monday, September 30, 2013

Beautiful Decay

Our wondrous weather continues so I spent the weekend wrestling with the wicked weed, which has had a banner year with all the rain. It's growing among a bank of day lilies, so I am getting a lot of stretching in. There is a very early day lily called 'Flavia" that forms the most beautiful pod and if I leave it late enough the structure of the pod becomes more apparent as it decays. These images are scanned but a few years ago I photographed them.[see link here]


scanned day lily pods, 2013

scanned day lily pod, 2013


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ersi Marina, I enjoy the mysterious feel to the scanned image, so different to a photograph.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful story these images invoke. Life, death and rebirth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole cycle in one small, beautiful package, thanks Sharon.

      Delete
  3. omg - these are sublime Liz. Totally sublime.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.