Sunday, March 24, 2013

Wanting / Forcing

It has taken a few more days to realize what was happening in the studio. Maybe the best way to say it is a wanting / forcing for spring. We are still a white, cold and windy world here and I thought I would just create what I wanted in the studio. Using that forcing energy usually leads to lousy results in all areas of my life, not just the studio. I like the plain grid of tape, so will go back to that, but I really wanted some color, some growth, so drew some seed like shapes and called it Green Trying to Grow.

Green Trying to Grow


Then played some more.  Black seeds.

Black Seeds

6 comments:

  1. I like these very much! An interesting and important insight - these forms and colours seem most happy; the grid and colours more forced. Hoping Spring appears soon...we are having a summer storm tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona, I think Spring heard you. There are encouraging signs about, blue skies and warmer.

      Delete
  2. I really like these. Especially the black seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris Blok-AndersenMarch 25, 2013 at 6:30 PM

    I love the black seeds, especially under the title Green Trying to Grow. Thanks, as always, for sharing, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris, the title made me laugh, probably should have called it Struggling to Grow!

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.