Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Love My Grid [and my dictionary]

(grid) n 1 a framework of parallel iron bars; grating; gridiron. 2 Military. the numbered squares drawn on maps and used for map references. 3 Surveying. a the system of survey lines running parallel to lines of latitude and longitude, used in the division of an area into countries, sections, lots, ect. b one of those lines. 4 the lead plate in a storage battery. 5 an electrode in a vacuum tube that controls the flow of current between the filament and the plate. 6 a network of electrical lines and connections. 7 Theatre. a framework above the stage, from which the scenery, light, ect. are hung and manipulated. [shortened form of gridiron] 


from "Gage Canadian Dictionary"


I LOVE GRIDS

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.